FAMILY CASTING BRIEF
We are casting a TV commercial promoting Te Reo Māori for Māori Language Week. Due to the recent changes around our COVID19 Alert Level in Auckland, we are looking to cast a family “bubble”, to ensure the safety of everyone as much as possible. We would therefore film this family in their own home, for 1-2 days. This is a paid opportunity.
We are looking for a family where one parent is Māori and the other parent is of any other ethnicity (Pākehā, Indian, African, Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American). This can be a situation where the two adults have children together, or one of them has children from another marriage – we are open to all combinations!
TO APPLY TO AUDITION
Please send us:
- A picture of your whānau, and primary contact name, email and phone number.
- A short video where each of you introduce yourself with your name, age and tell us what you like to do in your spare time.
- On your video we’d love to know more about you! Tell us about: your lives, what your interests are, how mum and dad met, what the kids like to do in their spare time, or your stories / experiences as a multicultural family.
NB: Children can be of any age, but if we were to specify ideally, they are between 10-16 years. All family members need to be part of your bubble currently and living in the home we are going to film in.
Your safety (and that of our crew) is very important to us, the screen industry has very robust health and safety policies and protocols around filming during this time. If selected the Producer will review this carefully with you.
Prior to the shoot days, a member of our crew will assist you to note any personal effects or areas in your home which you would like us to avoid filming.
We will provide a cleaning service before and after filming to ensure the hygiene protocols for filming during CV19 are adhered to by our crew.
- Sat 22- Wed 27 August – casting window to receive material (please don’t wait until the last day!!) we will review and advise you asap if you are on the shortlist.
- 28 August – Audition in person at our studio
- 2-3 September – Filming to take place at family home
To audition, please send your materials to email@example.com If you are successful, you will be contacted for a further audition in person.