On Wednesday February 17, Jaz Murphy a psychologist from Fresh Minds ProCare is holding a free parent workshop at school on Raising Resilient Children. This will start at 10:30am in the hall and is expected to finish around 12pm. All parents and caregivers are welcome to attend.
The workshop will introduce the six core building blocks children need to manage their feelings and become resilient in dealing with life stress. The building blocks for becoming emotionally resilient involve learning to:
- Recognise, understand and accept feelings.
- Express feelings appropriately.
- Develop a positive outlook, including being optimistic, interested in things, and content.
- Develop effective ways of coping.
- Deal with negative feelings and unpleasant situations.
- Manage particularly stressful life events.
If you are interested in attending, please let the school office know, as numbers will determine whether we book the Hall or the smaller Meeting Room for the workshop to take place.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Nga mihi nui
Learning Diversity Co-ordinator
This article is due to expire on or before 5:30pm on Wednesday February 17th, 2021