Kia ora Koutou Thank you for your patience surrounding... Read More
Kia ora koutou,
We trust that you are all keeping well in your bubbles and we know that being in lockdown has been challenging for everyone. Well done on such an awesome effort to you all for staying home and staying safe. Fingers crossed that we get to see lots of smiling faces as soon as we can.
As you will be aware, we are moving back into Level 3 on Tuesday 21st at 11.59pm. As Jacinda Ardern stated: “Schools are broadly speaking, closed”.
We are asking that children stay at home except for those whose parents/caregivers are unable to look after their children. Even if you are working from home, you need to keep your child at home.
Please refer to the decision flowchart at the bottom of this email. If all the eligible people in your household are not home to look after your children (and you cannot extend your bubble to include someone who can supervise them), and you require your child to be supervised this week, please complete this registration form:
- This form must be completed as soon as possible before 7.00pm today for us to make plans around bubbles and organise the number of staff we will require at school from Wednesday 22nd September.
- Remember, your child will not be in their normal classroom or with their normal teacher. They will be doing the same Distance Learning Programme as all the other students.
- The teachers supervising your child/ren will also be socially distancing whilst in this environment.
Once again, our message is that we will not put any pressure or expectations on families to get the online work done. We all acknowledge how challenging these times are for everyone concerned.
You can do as much or as little as what works for you. Be kind to yourselves!
Teachers, with the exception of bubble teachers, will continue to set learning and activities for tamariki to complete. It has been really positive to see so many children engaging, posting work online and zooming in to catch up with their friends and teachers. A huge thanks of appreciation to all the whānau assisting with this as we acknowledge distance learning is hard on everyone.
At such a stressful time for many families we would like you to know that you can email myself or call me at school:
Tess Parlane, our Learning Diversity Co-ordinator can be emailed on [email protected].
For any digital device issues, please contact Sandra Twidle: [email protected]
Please see below for FLOW CHART and for our school app downloading instructions:
* For school alerts, please make sure you have downloaded the app. Please see picture below:
Health reminders for Level 3
Please remind your child/ren of the essential health requirements
- Physical distancing of 1 metre inside and 2 metres outside at Alert Level 3
- Hand hygiene
- Cough and sneeze etiquette
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces (daily at Alert Level 3).
Finally, as per the Level 3 requirements, the school grounds are locked outside of school hours. Please keep connected with us, as you have been doing.
Phil Wainwright ( acting principal)