Kia ora Koutou Thank you for your patience surrounding... Read More
Kia ora Koutou
We hope this week has been working as well as it can. Te Huruhi really appreciates the fact that our school community has heeded The Ministry’s advice to keep tamariki home and safe. This week we were able to have all our teachers still remote teaching with no children requiring supervision at school.
We know this is a difficult time for everyone and our teachers are really trying hard to support in any way they can. Many teachers are parents too and fully understand the juggling that is required. Please email your class teachers if there is anything they can to support you in this last week of term.
Keeping your tamariki home for week 10 is obviously our preferred measure to stamp out level 3 and return to level 2. However, if there simply is not an option for tamariki staying at home, please complete the form using this link by Friday 24th at 11.00 am so we can get bubbles and staff ready.
All the same conditions apply as previous emails: see below
LINK TO INTENTION FOR WEEK 10 (MONDAY 27TH- FRIDAY 1ST OCTOBER)
Distance Learning Feedback
Thanks for the feedback we have received so far. Your feedback is very important to us so please can you complete our survey about distance learning. We have already passed feedback to relevant areas to reflect on.
DISTANCE LEARNING FEEDBACK FORM:
- Level 3 School bubbles are only 10 children this time.
- Siblings will stay in the same bubble.
- Each bubble requires 2 staff members who will be with the children.
- It is likely your child will not be with their normal class teacher and will be with a different range of year levels.
- Each child will be in a 1 metre bubble in class and not allowed to mix or move around.
- At break times, only the bubble of 10 will be allowed in a particular area of the school grounds and there will be no mixing of bubbles. A 2 metre distance between each child will be maintained. All playgrounds will also be closed.
- Each child will continue with the distance learning set by their teachers.
- Each family will need to agree that their child will follow the health and safety rules set by the MOE.
- Teachers will maintain distance learning for all children remaining at home.
- Level 3 hygiene conditions will be in place; keep your child home if sick, sneeze into the elbow and bring your own water bottles. ALL water fountains have been closed off so your child will need a water bottle.
- If your child has any symptoms please keep them home.
Thanks for all of your ongoing support for your tamariki and their learning as well as everyone’s health and safety. We really appreciate it.
Ngā mihi maioha
This article is due to expire on or before 12:42pm on Thursday September 23rd, 2021