Kia ora Koutou Thank you for your patience surrounding... Read More
Level 3 Attending School information-
Important COVID update
Kia ora koutou
We are preparing for if and when Auckland moves into Level 3. At this stage this may possibly be Wednesday the 22nd September but this is dependent on the government decision on Monday 20th September.
Remember in level 3, school is CLOSED for all students except for the small number of children who NEED to be supervised. Students who have a parent or caregiver at home (this includes those working from home) should be at home. Please refer to the diagram below if you think this applies to your family and then complete the form in the link provided here:
The form will be open from 6.00pm tonight (Sunday 19th September) until 7.00pm tomorrow (Monday 20th September).
- Level 3 School bubbles are only 10 children this time.
- Siblings will stay in the same bubble.
- Each bubble requires 2 staff members who will be with the children.
- It is likely your child will not be with their normal class teacher and will be with a different range of year levels.
- Each child will be in a 1 metre bubble in class and not allowed to mix or move around.
- At break times, only the bubble of 10 will be allowed in a particular area of the school grounds and there will be no mixing of bubbles. A 2 metre distance between each child will be maintained. All playgrounds will also be closed.
- Each child will continue with the distance learning set by their teachers.
- Each family will need to agree that their child will follow the health and safety rules set by the MOE.
- Teachers will maintain distance learning for all children remaining at home.
- Level 3 hygiene conditions will be in place; keep your child home if sick, sneeze into the elbow and bring your own water bottles. ALL water fountains have been closed off so your child will need a water bottle.
Delta requires stricter rules. With only 10 children in each bubble class at school, it means, the more children that attend in L3, the more rooms we need to open up. The more rooms that open up, the more this could impact our school, other schools and child-care services on the island. We know that some of you have it hard, whilst your children are learning from home, we understand. Please continue to be patient.
Household bubbles at Alert Level 3
At Alert Level 3, you must keep your household bubble as small as possible. Only make physical contact with those in your bubble. If you need to, you can expand it to bring in close family, isolated people or caregivers.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing everyone else in level 2.
This article is due to expire on or before 7:00pm on Monday September 20th, 2021