Kia ora koutou,
As you will be aware, we are back in Level 3 for the next seven days. Even though it is tough, we are still more fortunate than many places around the world. I am grateful for that.
Similar to the February lockdown, we are working very hard to make things work for your child/ren and for the staff here at school too. Teachers have already spent a lot of time organising the week ahead at school. Please be mindful that their planning, preparation, and delivery need to change to support remote learning and that takes time to do.
You will hear from your class teachers tomorrow at 9.00 am.
- This time there will be literacy and numeracy activities for your child/ren that will last for the week.
- These may be done off-line, on-line, with paper and pencil, or on the computer. We just ask that it gets shared with the teachers during lockdown with a photo, or by bringing any learning into school once lockdown is over.
- Teachers will try to offer three online sessions during the week to have contact with the children too. This will either be on Seesaw (A3, A4, A5, A6 and A7) or Google Classroom (A1 and A2) as a pre-recorded message or on zoom. The aim is to keep this as simple as possible.
We are asking that children stay at home except for those whose parents/caregivers are unable to look after their children. Please refer to the decision flowchart at the bottom of this email. If all the adults in your household are not home to look after your children (and you cannot extend your bubble to include someone who can supervise them) and you require your child to be supervised this week, please complete this registration form:
- This form must be completed as soon as possible (before 3.00pm today) for us to make plans around bubbles and organise the number of staff we will require at school from tomorrow, Monday 1st March to Friday 5th March.
- Remember, your child will not be in their normal classroom or with their normal teacher. They will be doing the same Distance Learning Programme as all the other students.
- Our bubble teachers are again Andrea Benwell and Fhiona Wainwright.
If you have not completed the survey and need a device, please fill this link in today:
Once again, our message is that we will not put any pressure or expectations on families to get the work done. You can do as much or as little as what works for you. Be kind to yourselves! All we ask for at the moment is that we know you are safe and you make contact with your child’s class teacher, either via an email, Seesaw message, Zoom or through the learning. We will use this to mark your child on the roll.
Alternatively, the teachers have established guardian groups as a point of reference and they will have been in contact. Tess Parlane, our Learning Diversity Co-ordinator can be emailed on [email protected].
For any digital device issues, please contact Sandra Twidle: [email protected]
Staff email contacts:
Please look on the school website for the contact details.
The first bubble teachers will be Andrea Benwell and Fhiona Wainwright . As they are working on-site, if you have a question about your child’s learning in A1 or A2, please contact Kim Van Der Speck (A1) and Greta Borren (A2) first. Many thanks.
Please see below for FLOW CHART and for our school app downloading instructions:
* FLOW CHART
* For school alerts, please make sure you have downloaded the app. Please see picture below:
Health reminders for Level 3
Please remind your child/ren of the essential health requirements
- Physical distancing of 1 metre inside and 2 metres outside at Alert Level 3
- Hand hygiene
- Cough and sneeze etiquette
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces (daily at Alert Level 3).
We all acknowledge how challenging these times are for everyone concerned. We appreciate the support you all gave during our February lockdown – I know that we are a team and that helps us to stay positive.
Finally, as per the Level 3 requirements, the school grounds are locked outside of school hours. Please keep connected with us, as you have been doing.
Phil Wainwright (Principal)