Expressions of interest are being sought for the position of Kaiawhina at Te Huruhi School.
This is a very exciting and rewarding position working in Nga Purapura Akoranga (Maori Bilingual Unit) in the mornings and across the entire school in the afternoons.
In Nga Purapura Akoranga you would be supporting the Tamariki with Te Reo Maori, Tikanga as well general classroom learning.
Each afternoon you would be working in different classrooms across the kura delivering the Te Reo Maori learning programme.
This position requires:
- Fluency in Te Reo Maori and a high knowledge of Tikanga.
- The ability to collaboratively work with our tamariki and kaiako
- Prepared to follow instructions / directions and lead when required
- Must be organised and able to plan lessons for the delivery of Te Reo Maori (with kaiako support)
- Kapa Haka skills
We can provide:
- A great work environment in a new school.
- Tamariki and Kaiako who are prepared and willing to learn.
- Access to professional development as required.
- Supportive colleagues
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with vision and passion to help us further enhance Te Maori and Tikanga across our Kura.
Please contact Adam Cels, Principal, on telephone 372 0208 and/or email CV to [email protected] This position closes on 27th November.