In conjunction with the board of trustees, MOE, teachers, parents and students, Te Huruhi school has developed a School Charter to clarify our intentions both currently and going forwards.
At Te Huruhi we are Confident, Connected and Creative Learners.
- Confident – I am … positive in my own identity; motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude; resilient; and a contributor (Resilience)
- Connected – I take part, I participate; I relate well to others; I am an active learner; Turangawaewae … I have concern and feeling for the land, its people and the environment. (Reciprocity)
- Creative – I am … imaginative; expressive and productive; a thinker – critical, reflective, and independent. (Resourcefulness)
- Learner – I am … literate; numerate; a seeker, creator and wise user of knowledge; developing the skills and habits needed for lifelong learning. (Reflectiveness)
Ahakoa he iti he māpihi pounamu / From small things big things grow
The Te Huruhi Way is underpinned by five core values – The Five Cs:
- In celebrating and improving student learning opportunities we will work:
- To celebrate and value the diversity on our island where cultural and social boundaries are more easily crossed.
- To maintain open and transparent practice that values and welcomes parent and community involvement in the education of our children.
- To utilise the resources, taonga and talents of the wider community to support students’ learning.
- To nurture and promote Maori language and culture throughout the school.
- To support the development of the Nga Purapura Akoranga immersion unit for any students wishing to participate.
- To provide each year, increasing opportunities for students to develop their E learning skill and capacity.
- To celebrate the diverse heritage and culture of students within our school.
Strategic Goals 2018 To 2020
Coming Soon with links to PDF