Welcome to Room 4 NPA
Ngā Purapura Akoranga – The learning seeds
This name was given by Wally Manahi (Ngāti Awa, Te Arawa)
Ngā Purapura Akoranga Tohu
The four koru reaching out represent and acknowledge all tamariki from ngā hau e whā (the four winds) all over the world.
The koru in the middle represents te mana, te mauri, te tapu o te tamaiti.
Ko te pae tawhiti whāia kia tata,
Ko te pae tata whakamaua kia tina.
Seek the distant horizons,
Cherish those you attain
E ngā mana, e ngā reo, e ngā kārangaranga maha, nei rā te mihi maioha e taipari atu rā ki a koutou katoa kua uru mai ki roto i tēnei whārangi a Te Huruhi. Nau mai, haere mai, whakatau mai ki roto i te mahangatanga o Ngā Purapura Akoranga.
Welcome into the warm embrace of Ngā Purapura Akoranga our bilingual class that caters for years 1-6. Our underpinning core values that guide us are as follows:
● Manaakitanga (caring for one another)
● Whanaungatanga (family values)
● Tautoko (supporting one another)
● Kaitiakitanga (guardianship of our environment and resources)
● Rangatiratanga (autonomy and self direction)
● Wairuatanga (spiritual care) are an inherent and integral part of our daily programme.
“Manaakitia, Whāngaitia, Poipoia kia eke ki ngā taumata.”